- Twitter CEO to suspend Africa move due to Coronavirus outbreak - March 10, 2020
- How to turn on dark mode on WhatsApp - March 5, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak in Nigeria: Nigeria confirms first case - February 29, 2020
Analytics reports confirmed that wordpress powered over 31% of the internet, people are more likely to choose wordpress over other CMS. The reason is that, wordpress is an easy software for both beginners and advanced users.
Today you are going to learn how to set up a wordpress site step by step.
You’ve been surfing the internet for a while now, and you view lots of beautiful websites and you wonder how they are able to do that. Do you think you can build your own website without having knowledge of coding? Or do you have to be a web guru? The answer is, you can build a professional websites with just some few clicks.
Have you ever wondered why a lot of people choose wordpress? WordPress has a friendly user interface with wide range of functionalities. WordPress has every tool you need to create your dream website. Before we start, let me answer some of the questions most beginners ask about wordpress.
Do I have to learn coding before using wordpress?
If you are a total beginner wordpress is a good option for you to start your online journey.
You don’t really need to have coding skills before you can start running your own good looking website.
Knowing a little bit about coding can help broad your website functions, by customizing it the way you want but it’s optional.
Is wordpress really free?
This is one of the questions most beginners ask. WordPress is a complete free open source software you can use in any of your web projects. Before you can start your own wordpress site you’ll need a web hosting, we’ll talk about that soon keep reading.
What type of website can I create with wordpress?
In this case, using wordpress, you can actually create any website you can imagine from blogging, forums, online communities to woo commerce sites.
Those are some common questions beginners ask, now we are going to take the step by step guide on how to set up a wordpress site.
Note that you need a domain and a good web hosting to run your wordpress site successfully, if don’t actually know what domain names are read What is a domain.
Steps on how to set up a wordpress site
- Step 1: Get a web hosting from a liable hosting provider.
- Step 2: Login to your hosting control panel.
- Step 3: Locate wordpress installation, if you are using Cpanel you can locate wordpress installation under the softaculous apps.
- Step 4: Click install wordpress, next you have to fill the details about your website such as website name, description, select data base, by default wordpress will automatically create a database for your website or you can manually create the database yourself by going to your database section, version of wordpress, I would recommend you choose the latest version of wordpress, after filling your website’s details hit the install button and wait for it to finish installing.
- Step 5: Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed wordpress. On this last step you are going to log into your wordpress dashboard. To login, simply add wp-admin at the end of your website’s url (ex. http://mydomain.com/wp-admin) or you can use wp-login.php (ex. http://mydomain.com/wp-login.php). Your new wordpress site is now live and ready to explore.
Following this guide you’ll be able to create a wordpress site for yourself and for others.
Note that this guide is just to explain how you can set up your wordpress site if you will like to know more or learn how to design and manage your website like a pro, feel free to search more post using the search box.